By Devon Woods
We are going to briefly talk about what it is and then share some acid reflux remedies that you have right in your kitchen cupboard.
The word reflux comes from the Medieval Latin word refluxus which comes from the Latin word refluere, meaning to flow back, to recede. Here’s how Wikipedia defines Acid Reflux:
“Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), gastric reflux disease, or acid reflux disease is chronic symptoms or mucosal damage caused by stomach acid coming up from the stomach into the esophagus. A typical symptom is heartburn.
GERD is usually caused by changes in the barrier between the stomach and the esophagus, including abnormal relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter, which normally holds the top of the stomach closed; impaired expulsion of gastric reflux from the esophagus, or a hiatal hernia. These changes may be permanent or temporary (“transient”).
Another kind of acid reflux, which causes respiratory and laryngeal signs and symptoms, is called laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR) or “extraesophageal reflux disease” (EERD). Unlike GERD, LPR is unlikely to produce heartburn, and is sometimes called silent reflux.”
Yeah, I am thinking the same thing …what the??! So here’s the basic definition …Acid reflux is a condition where gastric juices containing acid travel back from the stomach into the esophagus or throat. That is it – plain and simple. What that means for you is a yucky, nasty taste in your mouth and terrible pain in your chest due to the gastric acid burning the lining of tissue in your throat unless you partake of some acid reflux remedies.
To provide immediate relief to adults in case of acid reflux, you can try out some homemade acid reflux remedies or a Homeopathic Acid Reflux Remedy.
Here are 7 acid reflux remedies that you can find at home:
- Digestive enzymes – have these with each meal. Make sure they contain Betain, pepsin or HCL
- Papaya digestive enzymes, which contain papain, are also excellent dosage used for protein digestion.
- Pineapples – eating pineapples to cure acid reflux …they support digestion and effectively reduce acidity
- Cinnamon – Sprinkle it on your bread. It is one of the many acid reflux remedies that soothes your stomach.
- Organic grapefruits – eat them dried to combat excess acid
- Romaine Lettuce – it will lesson the heartburn sensation
- Nutmeg, mace and slippery elm – mix these ingredients together to reduce vomiting and severe heartburn, indigestion, and gas
Acid Reflux Remedies – Summary
These are just a few acid reflux remedies you can find in your kitchen.
For a more comprehensive list and video about acid reflux remedies click here.
Incoming search terms:
- kitchen cure for acid reflux
- The kitchen cure for acid reflux
- kitchen cures for acid reflux
- what is the kitchen cure for acid reflux
- kitchen cure acid reflux
- kitchen remedy for acid reflux
- reflux remedy
- acid reflux kitchen cure
- what is kitchen cure for acid reflux
- acid reflux kitchen remedy